I am adding some sample notes for your reference in each of the major sections of Anthropology
I. Socio-Cultural Anthropology
– Neo-Evolutionary School
– Culture Personality School
II. Physical Anthropology
– Aging, Somatotype, and Race
III. Archaeological Anthropology
IV. Indian Anthropology
– Racial Classification and Sanskritization
– Noted Indian Anthropologists
V. Tribal India
– Tribal India
Hope they help you in some way or the other.
All the best. Do well.
After finalizing Anthropology as my optional for Civil Services examination, I tried to cover different aspects in order to complete its preparation before Mains 2018.
Following are the five steps:
- Going through basic books and coaching classes to create a basic understanding of the subject
- Tried to create exhaustive question bank by combining syllabus and previous year question papers
- Creating notes in the form of Question-Answers using Basic books, Coaching Notes, Websites, IGNOU Material, etc.
- Repeated revisions and Daily Answer Writing Practice (between Prelims and Mains) to improve timing and presentation
- Full test practice to ensure proper section selection in the final exam
Keep on reading!
My intention in this article is to help aspirants with Anthropology optional to improve their marks. This article has four parts: First, booklist and sources. Second, link to my notes. Third, importance of notes making in Anthropology. Finally, tips on how to improve marks beyond 300. Continue reading “Anthropology: booklist, notes and tips to improve marks – Varnit Negi (Rank 13, CSE-2018)”